Friday, September 28, 2012

Parenting from Proverbs: Humility

Proverbs 25:6-7:

Do not exalt yourself in the presence of the king, And do not stand in the place of the great;
For it is better that he say to you, “Come up here,”
Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen.

Proverbs 25:6-7 warns against arrogance, pride, and putting oneself in a high position. I think it gets down to thinking that everything is about me, rather than God and others around me. It gets down to exhibiting arrogance over humility. We ought to be humble. I need to instill and foster humility in my children. They need to understand that yes, they are important, but the world doesn’t revolve around them. Our world ought to revolve around God, serving Him, and telling others about Him.

More parenting from Proverbs