Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Coupon Stash

I've mentioned before that when I first started couponing I was disappointed because I just didn't have many coupons for the things I wanted to buy. I'd end up buying things just because I had a coupon for them, and not because I actually needed them. Now, after a few months of actively couponing, I have a large stash of coupons built up. That coupon stash allowed me to get a great deal last night at Target.

Target is currently running a special (through Saturday 12/12 I believe) on Holiday-scented Glade candles and plugins (you can check out the weekly ad here for more details). Each of these products is on sale for $2.50 (I believe regularly priced at that very least $2.99), and if you buy five you get a $5.00 Target giftcard. While getting a $5.00 giftcard is great, I was able to make the deal even better because I had several Glade coupons in my stash. Here is what I got for a total of $14.50 (before coupons and Target's giftcard offer):
  • 4 Glade candles (4 x $2.50 each=$10.00)
  • 1 Glade scented oil candle (1 x $2.50 each=$2.50)
  • 1 3-pack of Glade scented oil candles refills (1 x $2.50 each=$2.50)
I had two coupons for $1.50 off if you buy two Glade candles. I also had a coupon for a free 3-pack of Glade candle scented oil refills if you buy a Glade scented oil candle. My coupons for these products totaled $5.50.
  • 2 x $1.50 off coupon (for every two candles)=$3.00 off
  • 1 x $2.50 off coupon (a free 3-pack of Glade scented oil candles refills)=$2.50
So, my price for all six of these items after coupons was $9.00 ($14.50-$5.50). On top of that I got a $5.00 Target giftcard for buying the five qualifying items. It is like I got all these products for $4.00!



****UPDATE**** Thanks to a blog reader, I found out I can get a $5.00 rebate for these items too! Once I get my $5.00 rebate, it will be like I earned $1.00! Can't beat that!