Monday, December 7, 2009

Broccoli and Cauliflower

I'm grouping these together because they were both bought and prepped similarly. I prepped both the broccoli and cauliflower from frozen rather than fresh. I like the flexibility that buying frozen provides, because I'm not under a time limit to make them immediately. In both cases, I boiled the veggies, and cooked them a little longer than I would if I were eating them so that they would be extra tender and blend more easily. I had no issues blending them in the food processor, but they did need to be blended a bit longer than some of the other produce because of their texture. The cauliflower and broccoli both froze well, and Ella like both of them.

When I was blending the cauliflower in the food processor, I thought it looked amazingly like mashed potatoes. Not long after I made the cauliflower I was watching The Biggest Loser and they suggested replacing mashed potatoes with cauliflower. I might just have to try it! :)