Friday, January 14, 2011

Splashing Water

Over the past year or so, I've spent a lot of time working on portrait photography, but very little time working on other types of photography. One goal I have for myself this year is to learn the art of some other areas of photography. With all that said, several bloggers that I follow have been taking some water drop/splashing photos, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm semi-pleased with my effort, but I think I'll try again tomorrow when I have some natural light to work with (I took all these with my speedlite). My water was also a tiny bit soapy (I had washed out the sink earlier) . . . it would have worked better without the stray bubbles.

110113-IMG_7370.jpg
110113-IMG_7432.jpg
110113-IMG_7429.jpg
110113-IMG_7391.jpg
110113-IMG_7389-2.jpg

By the way, there is a tutorial on this blog, for some types of the water drop photos (although I really didn't follow it . . .maybe if I had my photos would have turned out better!)