Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

During the holidays, things got a little out of sort in regards to planning my weekly menus, but now that the holidays are over I'm looking forward to getting back into a regular routine with cooking at home.

Here's what I'm thinking for this coming week:

  • Homemade lasagna. I've never attempted homemade lasagna, but I want to try it out! I found this recipe at Annie's Eats, my favorite food blog.
  • Enchilada casserole. Depending on meat prices when I go to the store, I might do this with beef, chicken, or even pork.
  • Chicken tortilla soup.
  • Homemade pepperoni and beef pizza. Well, semi-homemade since I use canned pizza dough.
  • Maybe PW's meatloaf. If I can convince my husband to try it . . .  maybe if I use bbq sauce instead of ketsup. :) With some roasted green beans.
By the way, for New Year's Day we had ham, cornbread, and black-eyed peas. I've never made black-eyed peas from scratch before, but I decided to try this recipe posted on PW's Tasty Kitchen. They were so yummy!