Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

110127-IMG_8028.jpg
  • Hamburgers with chips and jalapeño ranch dip (In a blender or food processor, mix Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, sour cream, one-two sliced up fresh jalapeños, and two-five tablespoons of pickled jalapeños. Dip will be thinner than a typical ranch dip. It is important to use a mixture of the fresh and pickled jalapeños – all fresh or all pickled doesn’t give the right balance of flavor. The number of jalapeños varies based on how spicy you want the dip. I usually start with a few, and add as I taste, keeping in mind that the dip will get a bit spicier as it sits in the refrigerator.)
  • Biscuits, gravy, and sausage (we never got around to eating when I planned it last)
  • Pioneer Woman’s steak bites with maybe her mashed potatoes. Per a family request, I didn’t get to try the mashed over Thanksgiving like I originally planned.
  • A variation of PW’s chicken spaghetti with a green veggie. I might double this up at the time I make it, and freeze one to use later.
  • Grilled pork chops with stovetop stuffing and a green veggie.