Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

110113-IMG_7310.jpg
(Grilled sirloin marinated in soy sauce, lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Rotel that I used in my beef quesadillas last week).
  • Breakfast for dinner: Pancakes, eggs, and breakfast sausage.
  • Pasta with meat sauce. When I made lasagna last week, I made 1/2 lb of ground turkey, 1/2 lb of ground beef, and 1 lb of Italian sausage. I used half for the lasagna, and saved the other half to use this week.
  • Grilled steak with some sort of potatoes and roasted green beans.
  • Tacos with Mexican rice. Want to get that yummy Taco seasoning without having to buy a special taco seasoning packet? Use cumin. The moment you smell the spice, you'll know!
  • Crockpot broccoli beef.
Last week I made PW's Beef with snowpeas (although I used green beans instead). I generally liked the recipe but it was overly salty. Yes, I know, it had quite a bit of soy sauce in it so what did I expect? Next time I try it though, I'll tone done the soy sauce in it.

110114-IMG_7503.jpg

Do you plan your meals? I'd love to see your plan . . I'm always looking for new ideas! Link 'em up!