Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sick and Tired

This past week has been a rollercoaster of misery founded in sickness and exhaustion. Every single member of the house has been sick with a nasty stomach bug. On top of the that, the stomach bug has almost seemed to hit the kids twice. And then again several times when we thought they were past it all. Although I have no desire to clean up a wetting accident in the middle of the night, I have never been more hopeful that the steps coming around the corner in the middle of the night are going to bring that news rather than news of the week: “Daddy, I throwed up.”

I’ve learned a lot of things this past week. It has taught me that I owe my parents a whole lot more than I could have ever imagined for taking care of me when I was sick as a little one. It has also confirmed that, although I’ve never wanted to be a nurse, I’m definitely not cut out for the job. It has also strengthened my belief that I’m completely blessed by who I married, and how thankful I am to have him when going through stuff like this.