Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Goals

Rather than making resolutions, I’m setting goals for myself in 2012. I guess it might just be a different way of saying “resolutions” but, to me, goals are generally more tangible than any resolutions I’ve ever made, and I hope to be able to check them off the list sometime during the year (or at the end of the year). I realize this list is probably very boring to you, but I wanted to have a place to make myself accountable.

Spiritual Goals:

  • Daily Bible Reading
  • Focused/Planned Bible Study
  • Write Bible study lessons (and execute them) for the kids.
  • Develop a deeper prayer life.

House Goals:

  • Get the house organized, and purged of excess junk at the beginning of the year.
  • Have a garage sale (sooner rather than later).
  • Keep up with Flylady’s daily assignments to help keep the house in a manageable state.
  • Handle papers (mail, or otherwise) when they come into the home, rather than just piling them up to handle later.
  • Get one “house” project done each month (paint the front door, repair the floor, etc.)

Health Goals:

Family goals:

  • Eat at home more often.
  • Stick to our budget, and look for ways to save more (including getting back on track with coupons – it is always hard for me to keep up with those over the holidays).

Photography:

  • Complete Project 366.
  • Learn more about off-camera flash.
  • Learn more about Adobe Photoshop (I’ve only recently purchased Photoshop).
  • Work on posing.

Other:

  • Exhibit more patience towards everyone, but especially my husband and children.
  • Work on time management, including getting up at a more consistent time in the morning, and going to bed earlier in the evening.
  • Spend less time on the computer.
  • Get outside more (especially with the kids).