Rather than making resolutions, I’m setting goals for myself in 2012. I guess it might just be a different way of saying “resolutions” but, to me, goals are generally more tangible than any resolutions I’ve ever made, and I hope to be able to check them off the list sometime during the year (or at the end of the year). I realize this list is probably very boring to you, but I wanted to have a place to make myself accountable.
- Daily Bible Reading
- Focused/Planned Bible Study
- Write Bible study lessons (and execute them) for the kids.
- Develop a deeper prayer life.
- Get the house organized, and purged of excess junk at the beginning of the year.
- Have a garage sale (sooner rather than later).
- Keep up with Flylady’s daily assignments to help keep the house in a manageable state.
- Handle papers (mail, or otherwise) when they come into the home, rather than just piling them up to handle later.
- Get one “house” project done each month (paint the front door, repair the floor, etc.)
- Complete Couch to 5K (I’m currently in week 4).
- Lose weight. (I’m currently down about 8 lbs from November)
- Gain strength and endurance.
- Eat at home more often.
- Stick to our budget, and look for ways to save more (including getting back on track with coupons – it is always hard for me to keep up with those over the holidays).
- Complete Project 366.
- Learn more about off-camera flash.
- Learn more about Adobe Photoshop (I’ve only recently purchased Photoshop).
- Work on posing.
- Exhibit more patience towards everyone, but especially my husband and children.
- Work on time management, including getting up at a more consistent time in the morning, and going to bed earlier in the evening.
- Spend less time on the computer.
- Get outside more (especially with the kids).