Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am thankful to be a child of God

I am so thankful to be a child of God! Let me say that again-I am so thankful to be a child of God! Tonight I was at a college football game, and four college-age guys were sitting directly behind us. At first, they seemed like OK guys, but I soon realized how sad their lives really were. One was talking about how they'd barely got by in college, but that was OK because dad was going to take care of a job when he finished school. Their conversation was dominated about drinking alcohol, and getting drunk. One had already planned how drunk he we be on a date a month from now. It was absolutely discouraging for me to realize how sunk into sin these individuals were, and how they were reveling in the ways of the world.

I am so thankful that I am a child of God. I know that I am not perfect in myself, but I am covered by Christ's blood. I am so thankful for the hope of eternal salvation.

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:22-23)