Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

As one of our sides last week, I made this “Best Broccoli of Your Life,” but also added in carrots to roast with the broccoli. I love how the broccoli and carrots roasted up in the oven, and it was very easy to make. I will definitely make it again!

110718IMG_7513.jpg

 

Last week I also made these s’mores cookies, except I didn’t bake the cookie dough on the graham crackers. The cookies were delicious – I would actually make the batter for just plain chocolate chip cookies. A word of warning though, rather than mixing the marshmallows into the dough, I’d stick a few on top of each ball of cookie dough right before you put them in the oven. If the marshmallows were in the dough, they had a tendency to seep out and stick to the cookie sheet (because I didn’t cook the dough on the graham crackers). An added bonus to putting the marshmallows on top is that you get that golden brown s’more marshmallow goodness on top of every cookie!