Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday {Jamaica Edition}

A full (likely long!) post about my mission trip to Jamaica is coming, but for now, a few things I’m thankful for related to the Jamaica trip.

  • I’m thankful for my parents, who watched Ella and Troy during the trip. We are so blessed to have family who is always willing to watch our children.
  • I’m thankful for the members of the mission team. I’m thankful they chose to spend a tiring week in Jamaica in Christian fellowship and the spreading of the gospel.
  • I’m thankful for a renewed focus on spiritual things. I’m thankful for spiritual conversations and mindsets.
  • I’m thankful for the studies that caused us to dig deeper in our faith.
  • I’m thankful for the power of the gospel (Romans 1:16).
  • I’m thankful for the eight souls who put on Christ (Galatians 3:27) and washed away their sins (Acts 22:16).
  • I’m thankful for the study and preparation that was put in before the team ever left Texas.
  • I’m thankful for the Jamaicans who allowed us onto their front porches, their homes, or even their shops to hear God’s Word.
  • I’m thankful for the Jamaican brethren. I’m thankful for the Christian fellowship we enjoyed together. I’m thankful for the Jamaican brethren who walked the streets of Jamaica with us, teaching souls the Bible.
  • I’m thankful for the opportunity to sing praises to God, and to hear God’s Word preached throughout the week. I appreciate the opportunity to hear God’s Word preached more than ever now that I have children who do not always allow me to hear the lessons.
  • I’m thankful for Christ’s sacrifice that allows all the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven, if you choose to obey His commands.

photo (5)