Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cinnamon Fudge

I’ve found so many great ideas and recipes by browsing Pinterest, including several fudge recipes I’ve wanted to try. I like the idea of having something like fudge around the house because I can get a bite of something sweet and be satisfied without going overboard (it is too sweet for me to eat more than a bite or two). I finally gathered all the ingredients I needed to make this red velvet fudge. And, it was a disaster. Twice. I think part of the problem is that making traditional fudge requires a lot of attention, and well, sometimes, especially if my kids are around, that kind of attention to detail is lacking. So, I decided I’d give up on the red velvet fudge for now, and go back to a version of cappuccino fudge I made over the holidays last year (my husband and I modified the recipe from Annie’s Eats a bit). However, I don’t like coffee, so I left the coffee powder out, and was left with a yummy cinnamon fudge.

110831IMG_8305.jpg

Cinnamon Fudge

  • 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 oz.)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 package of white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 package of milk chocolate chips

Heat marshmallow cream, sugar, whipping cream, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil for five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and the white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips into the mixture, and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into a lined pan (with wax paper or foil), and place in the refrigerator for several hours. Once the fudge has set, cut into squares.

To make the cappuccino version of the fudge, reduce the amount of cinnamon to 1/4 teaspoon, and add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder.