Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MIA for Good Reason

I know I've been missing in action for the past week or so, but I had a good reason. This past week, my husband and I, along with 11 other members of our congregation, traveled to St. Ann's Bay, Jamaica for a mission trip.
View Larger Map
During our week, we conducted personal Bible studies, and also invited people to come to the gospel meeting that was held each night. Our group studied with more than 80 individuals, and some we studied with on multiple occasions. Three people obeyed the gospel, being baptized into Christ (Mark 16:16, 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 2:38, and many other passages). Our group grew so much spiritually as we were challenged to answer for our faith.
1 Peter 3:15: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear."
Here are a few photos from the week:





And I thought this sign was interesting, especially since I'm constantly reading about car seat stuff.
I'll admit that I greatly missed Ella, and I'm sad for the time I had to miss away from her. But I know that the work we did this past week was incredibly important. I also know that Ella was in great hands with her grandparents and aunt, and we are so immeasurably blessed with the family we have in our lives.

If you are interested in learning more about what the Bible teaches, I'm always open to discussion! Feel free to comment or email me at beingwhatiwanttobe@gmail.com