Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The First Day of School

20160822-VW4A4590.jpg

Ella's first day of school interview:
  1. What do you want to be when you grow up? Any kind of doctor
  2. What was your favorite thing you did during the summer? Play in the pool with the cousins
  3. What is your favorite thing to learn about in school? Math
  4. What is your favorite color? Purple
  5. What is your favorite thing to play? Little legos
Untitled 20160822-VW4A4583.jpg

Troy's first day of school interview:
  1. What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm thinking something with a ninja
  2. What was your favorite thing you did during the summer? Go to Disney World
  3. What is your favorite thing to learn about in school? Reading
  4. What is your favorite color? Red
  5. What is your favorite thing to play? Little legos
Untitled Untitled Untitled

I don't know how many posts I write where I feel like starting it out, "I can't believe it is already time for . . ." This summer flew by, and it is hard for me to believe that it is already time for the kids to go back to school. Ella and Troy have both been anxiously waiting for the first day of school, and I love their enthusiasm.

Troy, who has been an early-riser for some time now, asked Trent if he could "sleep a little longer" when Trent went to get him up, which we thought was hilarious and ironic. I think he had a great first day, although in some ways I think he was disappointed because it wasn't exactly what he thought it would be. The first thing he said to us was "I didn't get to use any of my school supplies!" He was pretty excited about getting to go to the library and touring the school.

I think Ella was a bit nervous about being in a new classroom with a new teacher because she had formed such a great bond with her first grade teacher. However, when we dropped her off, she seemed like an old pro who knew exactly what do. And, when she came home she was excited about her day especially that she got to make "Jitter juice" (I think something like punch), and that she already had homework. Last night Ella's teacher even called to tell us how she enjoyed having Ella in class, and wanted us to tell Ella that she was looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow. I appreciate that her teacher took the time to call us (as I'm sure she did with all the students).

We are looking forward to a great year, and cannot wait to see and hear about what they learn and experience!