Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finally!

As a new parent I probably can't count the number of times I've had other parents tell me that my child will prove me wrong. Well, Ella has certainly proved me wrong. At Thanksgiving, Ella was pulling up on furniture and cruising around. I thought for sure she'd be walking by Christmas . . . and I told folks I knew she'd be walking by then. Ella proved me wrong, and refused to walk by Christmas. As her first birthday approached, I just knew she'd be walking by the time she was a year old. Ella proved me wrong, and refused to walk by her first birthday. Two weeks after her first birthday she took a real step. I just knew this was it - she'd be walking any time after that first step. And once again, I told folks she'd be walking any day after that. Ella proved me wrong once again. Finally, today, after months of proving me wrong, Ella walked. And I have some proof below!