Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ella

Today is really bittersweet. Today Ella turns 1 year old. I'm amazed and excited that we've made it to this happy milestone, yet I'm sad because Ella isn't that little, tiny baby I held for the first time a year ago.
(Side note: Isn't it amazing how much all of her birthmarks have faded? In her newborn picture she has them on her forehead, and both eyelids. Now, the ones on her eyelids are virtually gone, and the one on her forehead is faded to very pale.)

Ella has certainly brightened our lives. I honestly believe that I am a better person because of her. I am a better person because of the sacrifices I've had to make for her. I'm a better person because I've worked toward putting others first. I'm a better person because of the care I have to give her. I'm a better person because I've been able to observe her sweet innocence. I'm a better person because of the focus she has brought to our lives. I'm a better person because of the patience I've learned from her. I'm a better person because of the love she has brought into my life.

We have certainly faced challenges in our lives because we have Ella; however, I feel as though I've come through the challenges a better person, and I only hope that I continue to grow. I am so thankful to have Ella in our lives!

Happy Birthday Ella! We love you!!