Monday, January 23, 2012

Drafting Dinner: Weekly Menu Planning

This week is going to be a week of leftovers with a few new items thrown in.

  • Chicken spaghetti
  • Chicken enchilada casserole (using leftover chicken from my slow cooker salsa chicken). I’m also going to attempt to freeze one of these casseroles (I had enough chicken left over for two casseroles).
  • Pasta with meat sauce (I had a lot of meat left over after making these petite lasagnas last week. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly for the lasagnas, but we were not impressed – we will not be making them again. The wonton wrappers were dry/overcooked on the top, and undercooked on the bottom).
  • Steak with grilled veggies
  • Baked crusted chicken (not sure what I’ll coat it in yet) maybe with sautéed green beans

Speaking of new recipes I tried out last week, my husband loved the jalapeño coleslaw.  I didn’t dress it nearly as heavily as the original recipe called, but I think he preferred it that way. My husband said it was the best coleslaw he’d ever had in his life! It turned out to be too spicy for my taste, but I think I might have liked it on something like a sandwich (which is what it was used for in the original recipe anyway).